How to Submit and View Help Tickets
Posted by David Raco on 10 July 2013 02:13 PM
1) Navigate to https://support.sou.edu or click the button on this page. Either action will take you to the support home page, depicted above.
2) Log in using your SOU credentials. NOTE: You may also log in from the page you are viewing this article in.
3) After logging in, you will have the option to submit a new help ticket or review your current help tickets by using the buttons on the front page, which I have highlighted in the picture below. You can also use the and buttons along the top of the screen.
Submit a Ticket
1) Click or
2) Select which department or person to send your ticket to. When in doubt, send your ticket to your Computing Coordinator.
3) Compose your ticket message as you would an email. Please be as descriptive as possible when composing your message, and unless you are absolutely sure that your issue constitutes an emergency, leave the priority of the ticket set to “Normal.” NOTE: You can attach files to your ticket message to help us diagnose your problem by clicking the button.
4) As you compose your message, our ticket system will automatically populate a list of articles in our Knowledgebase that might be helpful to you. If you happen to see one that looks promising, by all means click on its entry. Doing so will launch a new browser tab, allowing you to look at the article and then go back to your message without losing your work.
When you’re finished composing your message, scroll down past all of the article suggestions and click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
5) Clicking the Submit button will take you to a confirmation page with your Ticket ID. A confirmation email will also be delivered to your SOU inbox.
You have now successfully submitted your first support ticket. Congratulations! You can check the status of the ticket you just submitted at any time by either clicking the link included in the automated response email or by following the instructions in the next section.
View Your Tickets
1) Navigate to https://support.sou.edu and either click the button in the banner along the top of the page or click the button on the front page.
2) Notice there is one ticket in the list, corresponding to the ticket we just submitted a moment ago. It is green because the status of the ticket is still "Open."
3) After someone begins working on your ticket, the status should change to "In Progress" and the color of the bar should change to blue.
4) Click on the name of the ticket, above the Ticket ID, to view whatever comments have been added to your ticket and post a reply. You will often receive an email when someone updates your ticket. If you reply to that email, a comment will automatically be generated for you in that ticket. For now, let’s assume that you want to submit a reply from within our ticketing system. In the example above, you would click on Test.
5) Once you have pulled up your ticket by clicking on its name, you can submit a reply by clicking on the button in the top-right corner of the page. Ignore the Update button next to it. The Update button is used to change the status of your ticket, which you should leave to us. If you feel that the priority of your ticket needs to be elevated, please post a reply to that effect or contact your Computing Coordinator.