How to Add Google hangouts as a desktop messenger.
1. Open Chrome.
2. Select More Tools > Extensions
3. Select Get more extensions.
4. Search for Hangouts.
5. Click the + Free button on this version of Hangouts (there are two.)
6. Select Add.
7. Click on the newly added Google Apps box on your taskbar and select Hangouts.
8. Click Sign in.
9. Enter your email address with no password to be forwarded to the SOU login page.
10. Enter your SOU credentials.
11. Select Link Data.
12. Congratulations, Hangouts Desktop application is now installed and will start with Windows.