Activating your student account will provide access to important SOU resources and services including your student email, course registration, grades, the library, and much more.
*Note* You may only activate your network account once, so it is important to follow the following steps carefully.
1. Go to inside.sou.edu and select:
2. Enter the required information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- SOU ID Number (940)
- Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
Then click on Activate.
3. The next page will display your user name and SOU email address. Be sure to make a note of these.
Everyone who uses an SOU account must agree to the Acceptable Use Policy. To indicate that you will abide by this policy, check the box labeled I agree and click on Continue.
4. Select Continue on the "Success" screen.
5. Create a new password that meets all the necessary criteria and select Change Password.
6. Select Continue on the "Success" screen.
7. Next, create security settings which will protect your account. First, create your own security question and provide an answer for it. Then use the drop-down menus to select three pre-defined questions and enter an answer for each. Correctly answering these questions will allow you to reset your password in the future. When you have provided answers for all four security questions, click on Save Responses.
Congratulations! You will now be able to log into my.sou.edu and access all of SOU's online resources and services. If you need assistance, contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.