SOU has joined Amazon's Amazon Web Services (AWS) Educate program. This program provides AWS credits and learning materials for any registered SOU Student. Specific benefits include:
- $100 in AWS credits per year
- Free access to labs
- Free access to AWS content for homework, labs, or self-study
To get started, you'll need to create an Amazon AWS account and complete an AWS Educate application.
Step 1: Create your Amazon AWS Account
Step 2: Apply to the AWS Educate Program
Step 3: Apply your credit to your AWS Account. You will receive an AWS credit code in a Welcome Email after your AWS Educate application has been accepted.
To add the credit to your account:
- Go to aws.amazon.com/console and sign into your AWS account.
- In the AWS Console, click on Your Name and then click Billing & Cost Management.
- In the Billing & Cost Management Dashboard, click Credits on the left.
- Enter the AWS credit promo code from the email you received, complete the security check, and click Redeem.