- Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings.
- From the My picture section, click Select a picture. The Upload a picture window appears.
- To remove your photo, select No Photo and click Apply Changes.
- To add or change your photo, select upload a new photo from your computer, or select a photo from Picasa Web Albums, or your previous Google profile photos.
- Drag the selected region to crop your photo, or resize the region by clicking and dragging one of the region corners.
- Click Set as profile photo.
- You can select whether you'd like all Gmail users to see your picture, or only those who you've allowed to chat with you, using the radio buttons next to your uploaded photo on your Settings page.
- Visible to everyone means anyone who you email, or who emails you, can see your picture. If you have a public Google profile without a photo and you choose this option, your picture will be used on your Google profile and will be visible to others there.
- Visible only to people I can chat with includes users who have been given permission to see when you're online and to chat with you.
It may take up to one day for your picture to be changed in all Google services.
Once you apply your picture, you'll be able to view and change it from your Gmail settings page. It will also show up as your picture in Google Talk. Likewise, picture selections made in Google Talk will be reflected in your Gmail interface, though there might be a slight delay for the change to take effect. If you have a Google Profile, changes made to your Gmail picture will be reflected in your Google Profile.
We also have some general SOU logos to use as directory picture. Simply right-click on your favorite picture below and choose "Save Image As..." or on a Mac, drag the file picture to your desktop. Then, just follow the directions above to upload the new image from your computer to your Gmail/Directory profile.