Adding a web link to your Moodle course is one of the easiest things you can do!
Follow these instructions:
- With editing turned on in your course, click on the Add an activity or resource link in the section where you want to insert the web link.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the list and select URL.
- In the Adding a new URL page, enter a name for the web site in the field provided.
- In the External URL field, type in the complete URL for the web site or copy it from your browser's address bar and paste it in using Ctrl+V or Command+V.
- Entering a description of the web site is optional—but be aware that the description will only be displayed to students if you check the Display description on course page box outlined here in red.
- You can safely ignore all of the other options or set them according to your needs—the name and URL are really all you need to add in order for the link to work correctly.
- Scroll down and click on Save and return to course to view the link you just added.