How would you like to create a customized block with your office hours and contact information in it? Or maybe there's a web link that you'd like to provide quick access to? In either case, adding an "HTML block" will allow you to do so quickly and easily.
An HTML block is basically a text box that you can place in the left column of your course to contain information or links that you'd like your students to have immediate access to throughout the term.
To create an HTML block:
- Turn editing on in your course site.
- Scroll all the way down to the last block labeled "Add a block."
- Open the drop-down menu and click on HTML to create the block.
- Locate the new block and click on the configure icon to add content to the block.
- In the text box that is displayed (shown below), enter a title for the block if you wish, then enter the information or link that you want to display in the Content box.
- Save changes. How does your new block look?! (Scroll down for a quick tip and sample blocks.)
TIP: To display your custom block on every page in your course site, see these instructions.
Here are some sample HTML blocks to give you an idea of how you might use them in your course site. Note that if you include an image, be sure that it is no wider than 190 pixels.