Transferring a call from a single-line digital telephone
Digital telephones require at least 2 incoming lines to perform call transfers. These two lines do not have to have the same extension.
Here are the directions to transfer a call from a digital telephone has only one incoming line for a specific extension. For example, your phone may have 3 incoming lines for the main/departmental number, but only a single line for a personal extension.
- During the call Press the TRNSFR button
- Select another, available [incoming] line
- For example (main line)
- Dial the extension where call is to be transferred OR press the pre-programmed button where call is to be transferred.
- You may privately talk to the person to whom the call is to be transferred.
- Press TRNSFR to complete the transfer.
- Hang up