To configure the 'Mail' app on an Apple device for access to SOU Gmail, just follow these steps:
- Make sure you've enabled IMAP in your main Gmail settings
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account...
- Tap Gmail
- Enter your account information, being sure to use your full SOU Gmail address, including '@sou.edu'
- If prompted for a domain, enter 'sou'
- Tap Next
- Tap Save
And you're done. If your account is not working, please reset your password here: http://account.sou.edu/
A word on deleting and archiving:
iOS: Syncing with Google Contacts
With iOS 5 or later, you can set up CardDav syncing with Google Contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Follow these steps to set up contact syncing with Google Contacts:
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Other > Add CardDav Account.
- Enter the following information in the fields:
- Server: google.com
- User Name: Enter your full Google email address
- Password: Your Google account password
- Select Next at the top of the screen to complete the setup.
After you have completed the setup, open the Contacts app on your device. Syncing should begin automatically.
Note: Make sure that SSL is enabled (under Advanced settings), and that the port is 443.