Learn wherever you are, whenever you want
You're always on the go, so it only makes sense that Moodle is, too. With the Moodle mobile app, you can access course material, upload assignments, and participate in forums on your smartphone or other handheld device. You can even download lecture notes and read them at your convenience without having to use your mobile data.
Our version of Moodle's mobile app is called Open-LMS. The Open-LMS mobile app is free and available for iOS, Android, and Windows.
IMPORTANT NOTICE 2/22/21 — The Open-LMS mobile app has been updated to work on i-Pads. If you have already downloaded the "old" Open LMS app, you will need to update to the revised version (Open-LMS) prior to April 29, 2021.
To get started with the mobile app, follow these simple steps:
- Download the app from Apple or from the Google Play Store.
- Enter on the Connect to Moodle screen, then hit Connect!
- Enter your SOU login and password. (If asked to log in with a browser, be sure to scroll down past the Raider Hawk to log in with your standard SOU credentials—see illustration below.) If you are using DUO log in authentication, follow those steps as usual.
Moodle mobile makes it possible to:
- Easily access course content — browse the content of your courses, even when offline
- Submit assignments — upload images, audio, videos and other files from your mobile device
- Track your progress — view your grades and check activity completion
- Complete activities anywhere, anytime — take quizzes, post in forums, edit wiki pages and more — even if you're offline
- Connect with course participants — quickly find and contact other people in your courses
- Keep up to date — receive instant notifications of messages and other events, such as assignment submissions
... and more!
This video will help you get started.
Tips for Moodle Mobile Success
- Take advantage of the app's useful tools, but don't give up the regular Moodle interface—it is better suited for some activities.
- Don't take a high-stake assessment (like a midterm exam) on your mobile device; some advanced quiz types are not available within the app and can only be completed within a mobile or desktop web browser.
- Be aware that some features listed in the app settings may not be activated in our site.
- Learn more about the Open-LMS mobile app.