Friends and Family can use the CashNet system for electronic checking or savings payments and credit card payments. Students must initiate the process of creating a CASHNet account, which will provide a designated family member or other authorized payee copies of the student’s account statements and the ability to make payments online. If you are a family member of a student, please provide him or her the link to this page and your email address.
Friends and Family Users have access only to make payment, payment history, and balance on the student account. They do NOT have access to financial aid, grades, or other online student information. Friends and Family should use this link to directly access CashNet after their account has been setup.
To create a Friends and Family Account:
1. Log in to InsideSOU (or use the direct links in this article)
2. Click on the Student and Registration Tools link located in the Online Services menu
3. Click on the Make a Payment link
Your screen will look similar to the screenshot below:
4. Click on the Add New link in the section labeled "Friends and Family"
5. Complete the form (required items are marked with an *) and click "OK"
Once you have completed the above steps, your friend or authorized payee will receive an email with instructions and login information. They must login and change their temporary password within 24 hours of receiving the email. If they do not log in within 24 hours, you must reset their password. To reset their password, follow these instructions.