Student assignment files can easily be downloaded in a single batch. Moodle will assign the student's name and the name of the assignment to each file submitted, so each file will have a unique name when it is downloaded.
Download All Submissions
Follow these steps to download all of the files associated with an assignment:
- Click on the name of the assignment to open it.
- Click on the assignments admin gear in the upper right corner.
- Click on Download all submissions at the bottom of the list.
- Save the resulting zip file to your computer.
- Open each file to view or print it, or extract all files to save and edit them on your computer.
Download Select Submissions
Being able to download all of the submissions to an assignment link is really handy. You can select just a handful of assignments if you wish, rather than having to download all of them. It's also possible to have multiple files submitted by each student downloaded in folders to make them easier to manage on your computer.
Prevent Downloading in Folders
While it can be convenient to have student submissions downloaded in individual folders, it can also be hugely inconvenient! To turn that option off, uncheck the Download submissions in folders box shown at the bottom of the image below.
To access these options, use the View all assignments link.