In some cases, you may want to verify that the respondents are SOU faculty, staff, or students and track who has responded to a survey. To enable this for a Qualtrics survey, follow the steps below:
- On the Edit Survey tab, click the Survey Flow link at the top of the page
- ON the Survey Flow page, click the +Add a New Element Here link
- From the list of options available, click the Authenticator button
- In the Authentication Type field, select SSO
- If you want to create a reusable panel of respondents, leave the checkmark in the box labeled "Associate Respondent With Panel" and select a library to store the panel. If you do not need a panel created, uncheck this box.
- Check the box labeled "Capture Respondent Identifying Info" and then click the "Add Embedded Data..." when the link appears
- Add the attribute(s) you want to capture in the "Embedded Data To Set" field, and the object identifier in the "Field from SSO" field. The attributes available are:
Embedded Data to Set: Field From SSO: Username urn:oid:188.8.131.52.4.1.59184.108.40.206.6 First Name urn:oid:220.127.116.11 Last Name urn:oid:18.104.22.168 urn:oid:0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.3 Affiliation (e.g. faculty, staff, student) urn:oid:22.214.171.124.4.1.59126.96.36.199.5
As an example, if you want to capture the email address of a respondent, you would put "Email" in the EmbeddedData to Set field and the corresponding object identifier.
- From the SSO Type, select Shibboleth
- Click Move (under the blue authentication box) and drag the blue box up to the top of the survey flow (this should be the first item in your survey flow)
- Click the Save Flow button at the bottom of the screen
The finished Survey Flow should look like the example below: